Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Cure for the Chronic Disease of Fault finding - HG Gaur Gopal das 2012 04 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rUJ5zzD0l0


42:56
Whether it is a fault or not it is a question mark. We perceive it as a fault.
Our eyes our vision we see with, look at people with is soiled. When window clean, vision clean, when window drty , vision dirty. We see others through soiled windiws.

Before coming to a conclusion- whether what i am seeing is a perception or a reality. If perception then neglect it.

Socrates Triple Fitler test:
Is what you are going to tell me, True or False?
Whatever you have said about my friend is it good or is it bad? I If bad then dont speak)
Whatever you are going to tell, is it bneficial for me or him? ( If not then dont speak)

How many times our minds are affected by someone's perception of another devotee ?

Let us first question if it is a perception or a reality.


F: Focusing on the good and consciously overlooking the bad

A:If I Associate with the Faults of others I give shelter to those faults within me.

I dont want to paint in my mind

U: Uplifting others by correcting and rectifying that fault
Even if the fault is a reality we have to help the person come out of the fault. How do I know I can give corrective feedback to that person? Ask these four questions.
1. Am I the right person? Guru, Authority, Husband, Wife
2. Do I have the right motive or am i settling some old accounts
3. Do I know the right way how to present the corrective feedback
4. Is it the right time? Wait for the right time

L: Leave things to Krishna Atleast sometimes( we have to leave all the time)
Things are beyond our control. E.g Lord Balarama on the battlefiedl of Kuruksetra, Krishna tells Bhima to hit Duryodhana below the waist. Balarama says it is beyond the protocols. Krishna says hang on just wait. Balarama understands there is only one controller in the whole universe, Balarama leaves the battlefield travels to all Holy Places, except Jagannath Puri- because he is worshiped there (only one controller) . Sometimes understanding Krishna is in control we have to leave things to Krishna. Many times after trying to help others uplift others we have to leave things to Krishna in the formof time

T: Tolerating,
Living together, there will be some idiosyncrasies. Appreciate the good in others.
Other person is also tolerating some of my faults. Overlook small things in the personality of devotees.

Go beyond tolerance and appreciate what others
Look for the good and appreciate the good.

 This is the first step in overcoming mental offenses- that is not finding faults with others.